Terms of Participation
By registering as a volunteer with GleanSLO and attending events that we sponsor, you are agreeing to the following terms of participation:
- The mission of GleanSLO is to reduce hunger, build community and promote sustainable living. I will conduct myself in a manner consistent with that mission while attending GleanSLO sponsored events.
- I will read and check off the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement when I sign up for harvests.
- I will cancel my roster spot if, after signing up for a harvest, I find that I am unable to attend.
- I will be punctual in arriving at harvests.
- I will not bring other adults to harvests who have not signed up and been added to the roster.
- I will not smoke at harvests.
- I will not bring alcohol to harvests.
- I will not bring firearms to harvests.
- I will not bring glass containers to harvests.
- I understand that harvests are conducted on private property that the owner has granted GleanSLO permission to enter and harvest. I will conduct myself in a manner that is respectful of the owner's property at all times.
- I will be respectful of other participants at harvests.
- I will listen to, and follow the rules of, the orientation about the harvest given by the harvest leader.
- I will follow all directions given to me by the harvest leader or designated assistants.
- I understand that GleanSLO reserves the right to deny me entry to a harvest, or require me to leave a harvest, or remove me from the registration list if I do not follow these Terms of Participation.